The International Society for the History of Philosophy of Science, HOPOS, is devoted to promoting scholarly research on the history of the philosophy of science. We construe this subject broadly, to include topics in the history of related disciplines and in all historical periods, studied through diverse methodologies. We aim to promote historical work in a variety of ways, but especially through encouraging exchange among scholars through meetings, publications, and electronic media.
- March 23 – HOPOS 2020 has been cancelled
- February 28 – The HOPOS Sponsor-A-Scholar Program is now accepting applications
- Sept 24 – Submission deadline for HOPOS 2020 extended to Oct 31.
- June 24 – Submissions are now being accepted for HOPOS 2020. The deadline is 15 September 2019
- April 29 – Our first Call for Submissions for HOPOS 2020 has been distributed!
The HOPOS Journal is published by the University of Chicago Press on behalf of the Society. All individual subscribers are automatically enrolled as society members, for two calendar years. Subscribe
Our next conference will take place at the Nanyang Technological University in Singapore, June 23-26, 2020. Continue to check the congress web site for the most up-to-date information.
Check out some images from HOPOS 2018!